Growing food crops including vegetables and fruits in an open environment makes them susceptible to several pest attacks, which require control measures to ensure safe, contaminants-free, and high-quality food production. As per the revelations of various studies, even short-time exposure to some of these chemicals may pose serious health hazards to humans beings, animals, aquatic life, and the prevailing environment. These control measures are mostly used to protect from contamination and harsh environmental conditions.
Using the best greenhouse kits is helpful to produce high-quality, safe, and any desired edible product in any season. These best greenhouse kits help to grow food crops under controlled conditions and eradicate the chances of the attacks and thus also reduces the use of respective protective yet toxic chemicals to a great extent. Using the best greenhouse kits provides you a way to achieve this goal while growing your crops. These greenhouse kits are available in several different designs, shapes, sizes, styles, and built-in features. The different varieties of greenhouse kits enable you to choose a suitable one for growing the crop of desire.
The availability of an enormous number of varieties of greenhouse kits in markets makes it quite challenging for one to choose a suitable greenhouse kit. But after reading this review it would become quite easy for you to choose a suitable one as per growing conditions and technical preferences.
List Of Top Greenhouse Kit
Why Is A Greenhouse Kit A More Suitable Option For Various Cropping Purposes?
Greenhouses generally provide an environment that is ideal for growing various crops despite the unfavorable environmental conditions outside to grow these crops. Hence one can grow the crop of desire for a comparatively extended period using a greenhouse. Following are some major benefits associated with the use of greenhouse for various cropping purposes.
- Generally, a greenhouse provides an extended time to grow various crops even if the growing season has not started or has ended, without putting the specific crop at risk. Hence it offers you an option to plant even several weeks or months longer than possible.
- Greenhouse ensures protection from harsh outer weather conditions. Exposure of some delicate plants to beaming sun rays and strong winds can be hazardous for their growth and even survival if they are left unprotected so the greenhouse protects from unseasonal temperature swings.
- By using a greenhouse, you can achieve warm conditions with the desired humidity level than the outdoors. This allows you to grow those warm-season plants that cannot be grown in external environmental conditions at that particular time or in that particular region. Hence, the chances to introduce exotic varieties in a particular region also becomes possible in this way.
- As described earlier one can achieve protection of crops from harmful insects and pests by growing crops in a greenhouse. Also, animals like deer and other herbivores would not be able to damage the plants when grown in a greenhouse.
- As greenhouses are usually portable structures with various assemblage options so you can deploy them at the spot of desire to ensure maximum sunlight and easy accessibility.
Top 10 Best Greenhouse Kits Review In 2021
There exists a great variety among greenhouses concerning their sizes, styles, shapes, and designs. Thus, these varying features specify a particular greenhouse to be used for a specific gardening purpose.
Multiple factors must be considered while selecting a greenhouse. Although cost should also be considered but those other quality-related factors should never be overlooked. After doing deep research we have been able to compile a list of five options that are to be considered to make a suitable choice.
1. Palram HG5504G Hybrid Hobby Greenhouse
Palram HG5504G Hybrid Hobby Greenhouse is a small-sized greenhouse specifically designed for indoor gardening purposes. Its roof panels are made of 4mm twin-wall polycarbonate sheet which efficiently blocks up to 99.9% of UV radiations and defuses sunlight hence protecting delicate plants from burning.
Crystal clear, transparent polycarbonate side panels ensure 90% light transmission.
Aluminum frame provides a growing space of up to 24 sq. feet. The aluminum used in the frame is rust-resistant and durable. The greenhouse is provided with adjustable roof vents and rain gutters. The door has a lockable handle with a magnetic door catch and a galvanized steel base to provide structural support.
Seals have been installed in the greenhouse to make a watertight design.
A five-year limited warranty has been offered along with US-based customer support. To maximize space and productive growing season nature series works with palram’s line of hobby greenhouse accessories.
- Its portable size makes it an attractive greenhouse for indoor gardening purposes.
- The structure ensures a sufficient supply of oxygen.
- The shape and design of the greenhouse is unique.
- It can efficiently protect plants from insects and bugs.
2. Outsunny 6’x4’x7’GreenhouseAluminum Frame Walk
Outsunny6’x4’x7’Greenhouse Aluminum Frame Walk is a unique choice for outdoor uses. It provides the opportunity for a home gardener to stay in the soil throughout the year. It makes year-round gardening possible. Polycarbonate panels ensure resistance against UV-radiations, allowing only safe light to pass through hence protecting the plants, vegetables, and fruits. It has been provided with a powder-coated aluminum alloy frame along with a galvanized base frame to provide sufficient support to the entire structure.
The structure is provided with a sliding door that not only makes it aesthetically unique but also makes access to the inside easier. this sliding door is also made of the same binding material as that of the rest of the frame.
A rooftop panel has been installed to ensure proper ventilation to the inside of your chamber.
- The structure provides sufficient ventilation.
- Both frame and polycarbonate panels are durable ensuring its long-term use.
- Can retain warmth and also prevents the overheating of the inside by resisting the transmission of UV-radiations.
- Provides ideal conditions for home gardening round the year.
3. Exaco Junior Orangerie J-ORA 116 Square Foot Greenhouse
The junior Orangerie greenhouse is one of the leading greenhouses concerning its design, dimensions, and other features. Junior Orangerie greenhouse not only depicts unique features but also grants a fascinating classic look to your background. Aluminum made structural components ensure a lot of strength and support to the overall structure. 4mm thick tempered glass windows can withstand collisions to a great extent.
The provision of a sliding frame door not only makes the greenhouse aesthetically fascinating but also makes the accessibility to the inside easier. The presence of two opening roof windows allows the efficient exchange of air between the outside and the inside of the greenhouse, providing a well-ventilated environment inside. The windows are held in place using strong rubber seals which provide an efficient water barrier.
- The T-shaped design makes it an aesthetically attractive structure.
- The provision of two glass windows offers a well-ventilated environment outside.
- 4mm thick safety glass grants a lot of strength to the structure.
- Glass panels allow the efficient transmission of the required intensity of light.
4. Mini Walk-in Greenhouse Indoor Outdoor
As the name indicates, Mini Walk-in Greenhouse Indoor Outdoor is a multipurpose greenhouse with several salient features making it unique among all the others of the same category. This mini walk-in greenhouse consists of a strong metal frame with powder coating, along with a durable net. Netting all around the structure can hold more seed trays and pots. The clear polyethylene cover not only transmits the required intensity of sunlight but also provides a good water barrier and protects the plants inside from different types of pests. Also, this polyethylene cover resists the entry of UV-radiations into the structure. Its easy portability allows the users to deploy it for either indoor or outdoor gardening.
Its assemblage is also quite easy requiring no tools. It comes with ropes and anchors to fix it to the ground ensuring more stability. That is one of those reasons which enable it to withstand rain, snow, and wind. Its walk-in style offers easier access to the interior for the sake of watering and feeding plants. One more interesting thing about this greenhouse is that it is equipped with eight shelves adding plenty of room to grow more plants. A zippered roll-up door allows better ventilation.
- Easier portability allows both indoor and outdoor gardening.
- Equipped with accessories like ropes and anchors.
- Shelves provide more space for growing plants.
- Polyethylene sheet efficiently prevents the entry of UV-radiations into the chamber.
5. Outsunny Stable Outdoor Walk-in Garden Greenhouse
Outsunny Stable Outdoor Walk-in Garden Greenhouse has been equipped with a 0.25’’ thick polycarbonate sheet. This thick polycarbonate sheet not only makes efficient light transmission possible but also retains heat inside the unit for an extended time. This prolonged heat retention allows the seeds to sprout under favorable temperature inside the unit. The roof is adjustable and can be positioned to different angles to allow proper ventilation to provide fresh air to your plants.
A strong but lightweight aluminum frame grants a lot of strength to the whole structure thus enabling it to withstand strong winds. Additional rain gutters have been installed to collect natural rainwater for future uses. Its dimensions offer plenty of space to grow and prepare plants. One rooftop vent ensures efficient ventilation for the greenhouse.
- strong powder-coated aluminum alloy frame provides enough support and strength.
- 25’’ thick polycarbonate sheet protects your plants against UV-radiations and ensures heat retention for a long time.
- The rooftop vent offers excellent ventilation.
- Rain gutters with an attached hose collect rainwater for future use.
6. Palram HG5510 Hybrid Hobby Greenhouse.
Palram HG5510 Hybrid Hobby Greenhouse is equipped with 4mm twin-wall roof panels that can prevent the entry of 99.9% UV-radiations, and a crystal-clear polycarbonate sheet that allows 90% light transmission. It provides 62sq feet of space for growing plants inside the chamber. It has an adjustable roof vent to allow excellent moderate ventilation. Integrated rain gutters are also installed to store rainwater. It has a lockable door handle mounted on its lightweight door. Its metal frame and anchoring kits enable it to withstand strong winds. Rust-resistant metal frame prevents corrosion and provides support to the whole structure along with a galvanized steel base.
- 6 feet wide frame offers a much larger space for growing plants.
- 4mm thick Polycarbonate panels can withstand stronger collisions than glass sheets.
- Twin wall roof blocks 99.9% UV-radiations and ensures a system of diffused light, thus eliminating the risk of plant burn and shade areas.
- A single roof vent offers moderate ventilation.
7. Palram Four Season Chalet Hobby Greenhouse.
Palram Four Season Chalet Hobby Greenhouse offers a lot of space to grow plants inside. It is equipped with 4mm twin-wall roof panels which efficiently block 99.9% UV-radiations, and clear, unbreakable polycarbonate panels ensuring up to 90% light transmission. A double-wall, reinforced, corrosion-resistant aluminum frame offers enough strength and durability to the structure. 95 sq. feet wide space allows a large number of plants to be grown inside. Two roof vents allow excellent ventilation thus providing fresh air to plants.
The anchoring kit and galvanized steel base provide stability and support to the whole structure. Lockable wide double doors grant access to the interior more than any single door containing a greenhouse.
- The corrosion-resistant metal frame offers durability to the whole structure.
- anchoring kits and galvanized steel base enable the greenhouse to withstand strong winds.
- double doors allow you to take wider objects into or out of the chamber with ease.
- Twin wall roof panels resist the entry of 99.9% UV-radiations into the chamber.
8. Rion Grand Gardener 2 Clear Greenhouse.
Iron Grand Gardener 2 Clear Greenhouse is equipped with 4mm thick twin-wall polycarbonate roof panels insuring 100% blockage of UV-radiations. Meanwhile, these panels provide a soft and even light by diffusing up to 90% sunlight. 4mm thickness of polycarbonate panels provides high impact resistance. Clear polycarbonate side panels give a classic look and provide a clear view, and thus are aesthetically fascinating. One finds ease while assembling the unit because it is provided with a simple pin and lock connector system. Its unique design provides high headroom and a wide space for gardening. The resin frame provides strength durability and insulation to the unit. The optional base kit may be installed to achieve additional height and extra stability.
- 100% blockage of UV-radiations.
- Easy assemblage.
- Wide gardening space.
- Fascinating classic design.
9. Palram Hybrid Lean Greenhouse.
Palram Hybrid Lean Greenhouse is a unique greenhouse concerning its design and arrangement.it is a good option for smaller backyard gardening and is equipped with 4mm twin-wall roof panels ensuring the blockage of UV-radiations up to 99.9% and allowing the transmission of light up to 90% percent. This small greenhouse is provided with a rust-resistant aluminum frame w/wall mounting kit. Adjustable roof vent ensures excellent ventilation and also regulates heat and humidity levels inside the chamber.
Integrated rain gutters allow the collection of rainwater to a great extent.
- A wall-mounted kit makes its design a bit unique.
- 4mm twin-wall roof panels block UV-radiations up to 99.9%.
- It is suitable for small backyards and limited spaces like balconies.
- A strong metal frame provides strength and durability to the whole structure.
10. Exaco Junior Victorian J-VIC24 96 Square Foot Greenhouse Review.
Exaco Junior Victorian J-VIC24 96 Square Foot Greenhouse is one of the premier greenhouses and is equipped with a 3” high foundation frame, one sliding door, two roof windows, one window auto opener, and 4mm thick safety glass. This greenhouse offers a top-class quality environment inside the chamber. It gives a classic look of old fashion English style. The aluminum frame is much larger and stronger than most competitor’s greenhouse. Windows are held in place using good quality rubber seals to provide excellent insulation.
- It has a strong aluminum frame.
- two windows allow excellent ventilation.
- a sliding door allows easier access to the interior.
- It can withstand strong winds.
How To Choose The Best Greenhouse Kits-buying Guide.
It becomes more complicated for you to make a reasonable choice when you want to buy a greenhouse and multiple options and aspects are to be considered and overlooking any of these important aspects can create some disturbances afterward.
Is Glass Or Plastic Better For My Greenhouse?
If we talk about the installation of panels on a greenhouse then glass and plastic are kept in consideration. both plastic and glass can transmit light to a great extent. Following are the things to be considered while deciding on the selection of a greenhouse.
90% transmission of light occurs when the glazing is the single-layer type and 80% transmission occurs when the glazing is double-layer type, no matter whether it is a rigid or flexible glass or plastic. As the other factors also interfere in the transmission of light so small differences are in transmittance can be overlooked.
As glass does not fade so it does not disturb the vision. Glass can last long if you keep a glass with care. But it can be damaged if any hard material such as a ball hits its surface. But on the other hand, a polycarbonate can absorb and withstand such impact to a great extent. Polycarbonate allows high levels of transmission of light, thus making plants in your greenhouse obtain enough ultraviolet radiation.
Yellowing of plastic may occur over time thus the overall appearance of your greenhouse is compromised in this way.
Is A Cold Frame The Same As A Greenhouse?
There is a great difference between a cold frame and a greenhouse. A cold frame is a much small structure having a transparent roof and usually stand a few feet tall. A cold frame does typically uses a source of heat and keeps the plants warm and dry, but on the other, a greenhouse is designed to ensure a controllable climate inside, round the year through heating and ventilation systems.
A greenhouse is either hot or cool inside, but a cold frame only provides warmth to the baby plants kept inside. A cold frame is usually designed to accommodate baby plants. Some people think of a cold frame as a sort of mini greenhouse.
Is It Cheaper To Buy Or Build A Greenhouse?
As greenhouse kits are available in several different sizes, designs, and materials depending upon the purpose of their use thus their buying or building costs also vary accordingly. But by making a reasonable selection following the gardening pattern you can save money to a great extent. Greenhouse kits available in markets usually have more built-in features as compared to a self-built greenhouse. So, buying greenhouse kits makes gardening cost-effective when compared to the self-installation of these features at home.
Can I Start Seeds In A Cold Frame?
A cold frame allows you to start seeds six weeks earlier than putting them in the ground. As it provides the required moisture and heat for the germination of seeds. So a cold frame eliminates several needs and difficulties to start seeds indoors. Improved soil provides an environment inside the cold frame that facilitates germination. Germination of seeds and growth of seedlings takes place in a suitable warm environment inside a cold frame. Temperature ranging from 70 Fahrenheit to 75 Fahrenheit encourages the germination of seeds and it is easy to achieve inside a cold frame.
inside an old frame, the temperature is usually 3 to 4 degrees warmer than outside. When a cold frame is kept in direct sunlight than the temperature inside can be further raised. Some plants are too sensitive and tender to be grown outside and can be damaged by wind or rain, so a cold frame provides these plants those conditions which protect them from such possible damages. Also, a cold frame protects several different kinds of insect pests.
Is It Safe To Work In A Greenhouse?
There are always some safety issues associated with any task being performed which usually arise as a result of one’s negligence. Although working in a greenhouse is safe to a great extent but still, there may arise some issues regarding one’s health, where workers may have to face any of these issues as a result of their negligence.
Ergonomic injuries are the most common type of employee injuries. Musculoskeletal injuries may be the result of the improper lifting of heavy pots, bags of soil, or fertilizers. Careless use of ladders and machinery can also lead to injuries. As the greenhouse is a closed structure so escape from the harmful fumes and volatile toxins takes a lot of time which can be damaging if someone works inside, carelessly. Also, the warmth produced inside through artificial means can pose serious harm to the workers inside.
Do Greenhouse Gases Cause Global Warming??
Greenhouse gases are the biggest causative agents of global warming. After the industrial revolution, there has been an enormous increase in the amount of these gases in the air. Human activities have increased the amount of atmospheric carbon dioxide to 45% since the beginning of the green revolution. Industrial emissions have contributed to a great extent towards this tremendous increase in the levels of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases.
The greenhouse is a reasonable option and can be a lot helpful while you are trying to become self-sufficient by growing your vegetables and fruits. There are several varieties of greenhouses available in markets that make it quite difficult for you to choose a suitable one. Also choosing a specific greenhouse that is compatible with a specific gardening pattern is a challenging job.
We have Hereby shared a detailed review of some top-quality best greenhouse kits that we recommend you keep in consideration while buying a greenhouse. Also, we have discussed those factors which are must be considered to make a reasonable choice.
This review provides an excellent guideline and in-depth understanding of different kinds of greenhouses and their major benefits and cons. Therefore, gardeners and growers can decide the best-suited greenhouses for their cultivation to get maximum and high-quality protection with little maintenance.
Although different growers have different requirements for greenhouses as per required vegetation and prevailing conditions, they can always make significant selections and modifications in the greenhouse structures. Buying a high-quality greenhouse is not only helps to produce healthy, and off-season food but is also helpful to save a good amount of money that was otherwise supposed to be spent on buying food from the market. Moreover, it helps to maintain good mental health, and satisfaction as the production of own food provides good feelings of happiness and satisfaction.